Friday 21 June 2013

Special feature – Linda from Wild Rose Designs


As regular readers of my blog will know I used to make bags and many of them have been featured on my blog.  I still love bags and I constantly have to resist the temptation to buy them!  Some while ago I purchased from Linda at Wild Rose Designs the most fabulous bag that I love to bits and use all the time!  I invited Linda to be featured on my blog because obviously I am a great fan of her work.  Over to Linda:


“I've been selling on Folksy since February 2011, so just over two years. It was a while before I joined in on the forums, but I'm glad I did as everyone has been so helpful and supportive.”

“I am a Mum to two children and a Grandma to four lovely children aged 14, 8, 6 and 2. I've been sewing since I was a child even making one of my school dresses. I continued to sew and I've since made everything from clothes to curtains and soft furnishings. In fact, I did have my own curtain making business for a few years, but gave up when my daughter returned home from university and reclaimed her room which was also my workroom. I've worked in various offices, and was a greetings card merchandiser before I started Wild Rose Designs.”


“I had wanted to work for myself again for some time and became interested in bag making particularly evening bags. I'm not sure where the idea came from but it stayed with me until I decided it was now or never.”

“I think it's the fabrics themselves that inspire me. I'm not really a frilly and fluffy girl but I do love pretty things, and if it glitters or sparkles, so much the better. My evening bags are all vintage inspired and so are many of my day bags. I can waste hours trying to decide what to make next! I sometimes have so many things that I want to make but I can't decide which one to do first. I usually sort through my fabric stash until I'm drawn to one (or more) fabrics and go from there.”


“Craft wise I can knit and crochet and I've dabbled in card making. I made the invitations, place cards etc. for my son's wedding. But my newest interest is Jewellery making. I find it relaxing and therapeutic especially if I've had a bad sewing day! I've started adding some of my makes to my shops and I've even sold a few pieces!”


I invited Linda to choose three items from my folksy shop that she liked.  Linda said:

“It's difficult to choose just three items from your shop as there are so many lovely things, but I've chosen these.”




I hope you have enjoyed reading about Linda and her passion for what she does. I think you will agree with me when I say her work is stunning. Please do visit Linda’s folksy shop and also her website to have a look at her gorgeous items.


BFN

Edwina

If any folksy sellers would like to be featured on my blog please message me on folksy.  I am always looking for the opportunity to share other people’s beautiful work.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me Edwina, and I'm so pleased that you liked the bag! I love your work too, you have such a distinctive style that I can tell an item is yours without having to look at the makers name. I bought a sketch from you at Christmas as a present for someone and it was beautiful.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda's bags and other craft work is beautiful.
    I love the turquoise bag and the cushion cover is very cute!
    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete