Sunday 2 September 2012

Crafting with Glass


Last bank holiday weekend my friend and I went to Shrugborough Estate near Stafford.  It was one of those rare days this summer when it was warm and dry.  We had a lovely wander around the estate including visiting the arboretum and walking the sculpture trail.  They have some beautiful highland cattle and other animals on the Estate.  At the craft workshops we met this amazing glass artist who does some beautiful work, turning empty spirit bottles into cheese boards, creating fabulous jewellery, vases, tea lights, mirrors and other items.  We really enjoyed chatting about her work and admiring her craft.


This inspired me to look at items on folksy and here you have my glass theme blog post.  I just love all the colours and the animals.  I hope you enjoy the small selection I have chosen.  If you click on the photo it will take you directly to the shop on Folksy - why not stop and have a browse?



Shrugborough estate is 900 acres of stunning parkland and riverside gardens.  It has a very elegant mansion house (see photo)|, working Victorian servants’ quarters|, a Georgian farm|, dairy & mill| and a restored walled garden|.   Within the stunning parkland there are magnificent monuments to discover.  I particularly enjoyed stumbling across these gems.  Do check out the gambling house if you go for a visit!
 
 
 
The estate features a land train ride, play park, restaurant & tea rooms, craft  workshops, and a gift shop.  It is well worth a visit.  We visited the tea rooms after our walk around the estate and enjoyed a drink and cake sitting outside (that was treat in itself, given the awful weather we have had this summer!)

 

I hope you have enjoyed hearing about Shrugborough estate and looking at the wonderful items available on folksy.  I have joined the September Sellers daily listing club this month and will be listing new items every day, so please check out my shop!  If you have started your Christmas shopping early please do have a browse.  Many of the items in my shop are suitable as gifts and very reasonably priced.  Here are a couple of items that I have listed already this month!

 

BFN

Edwina

TOP TO BOTTOM: Carole's Glass, Sue Whyte Stained Glass, Phoenix Glass, Stained Glass Art Designs, Caro Fusion, Bex by Design, Handmade by Edwina.

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, if I'd known you were coming I'd have put the kettle on. I only live about 10 minutes from shugborouh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including my glass. I am a total newbie to online selling/folksy/blogging. Happy you like my things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful glass items selection! And it sounds as if Shugborough estate is a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the elephant and the frog. You have some great talent.

    ReplyDelete