Sunday 24 June 2012

Poetry and Books


He wishes for the Cloths of Heaven


Had I heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

W. B. Yeats


I love this poem, especially the last line.  Sometimes I feel that I have had a herd of elephants stampeding all over my dreams, but it still doesn’t stop me from dreaming!

It has been a while since I last posted, so I am breaking myself in gently by keeping this fairly short.  In recent weeks I have had a really enjoyable time making handmade notebooks and journals.  Learning a new craft is always exciting and because these items are small I hopefully will find some storage space for them!  I sort of got carried away because so many ideas of what I could do came at me like a flood!


This is the first notebook that I have listed in my shop.  It is made from some embroidered silk fabric that I found in my stash.  I hadn’t used the fabric, and immediately I thought it would be perfect for a notebook cover.




I have no idea if my new range of notebooks or journals will sell and the irony of making them is not lost on me.  Why am I making these?  Most people who are in the internet are sharing their lives on line – including myself!  But, I am sure there are a few die hards who still like to write in notebooks and journals scribbling their thoughts, ideas, poetry, shopping lists, sketches,  photos – I was a great one for writing “Things to do” endlessly in notebooks and always carried one around with me!
We shall see.  I shall be listing more in the coming days so keep checking my Folksy shop, as I have some beauties lined up!

Well the good news is that this notebook has sold on the first day that I listed it, so that is why there is no photo link!!!

BFN
Edwina

4 comments:

  1. See you just have to be patient Edwina.

    My sales on Etsy are very, very low this month but I've had a much better month on Folksy.

    Swings and roundabouts and I'm sure your notebooks will sell well coming up to Christmas.

    They make such beautiful presents.

    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous notebook Edwina, I'm not surprised it sold so quickly! I love notebooks and would be lost without one by my side!

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award, to add it to your website please check my blog (http://inkyprintsintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/) for the rules. Good luck if you go ahead, either way I love your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful notebook! No surprise that it was sold so quickly! I love notebooks myself and have plenty of them, not that lovely of course...

    ReplyDelete