Friday 30 March 2012

A Treasury of Jewels



Sadly, I have never been much of a jewellery person.  I have quite sensitive skin so it feels uncomfortable to have jewellery against my skin.  I have never even worn a watch!

All my life I had long blonde hair, but in my early forties I decided it was time to have it all cut off!  Wearing my hair short gave me the excuse to have my ears pierced and to start wearing earrings.  Things didn’t run smoothly, but after a while my ears and my skin adjusted and I indulged myself in purchasing a wide range of earrings!

beady daze

I discovered that I loved earrings that were inspired by the designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh, particularly his rose design, so when looking for new earrings I was always drawn to those that were influenced by his work.  Over the years, I have collected quite a few! 

Unfortunately, losing earrings has been a daily life hazard and I have sadly seen many disappear... most frustrating is when you lose one, and still have the other to remind you of your loss!
Lillibets

Spiral Fountain Jewellery
Joining Folksy last October brought me into contact with lots and lots of handmade jewellery and I found myself being fascinated, tempted, dazzled, transfixed, seduced by an array of gorgeous designs!  All kinds of jewellery presented itself to me and I was intoxicated by the beauty of the colours, textures, and craftsmanship! 

Last Christmas I could no longer resist and purchased four pairs of earrings from four different sellers as a treat to myself!  I think at the time I thought I was going to give them away as gifts, but of course, once they arrived I couldn’t part with them!  
Adien Crafts

I appreciate beautiful things.  When I am designing and making, the thought that I want to create something beautiful is uppermost in my mind.  Sadly, it is not always achievable, but I certainly give it my best shot!


I am sure that I share this wish with all the jewellery designers/makers on Folksy, whether consciously or not!  I decided it was time to celebrate this beauty, so my blog post today is devoted to those special people who create beauty with their treasury of jewels! 

Abyjem

(Don’t forget to click on the photo and it will take you directly to the item in their shop!)




I hope you don't mind but I steered clear of depicting some earrings.  They would have been far too much of a temptation!  I am sure you will agree though that the selection I have chosen are all beautiful, and I hope you enjoy looking at this feast of beauty as much as I have enjoyed finding it!
If you wear jewellery I hope you will consider purchasing something beautiful for yourself - go on, treat yourself!
Marthamoo Beads
BFN
Edwina

 





5 comments:

  1. Great collection.
    As a jewellery designer I am glad you haven't given up on it entirely.
    And these days you can bracelets and necklaces made of silk and soft polyester which hopefully wouldn't bother your skin too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog post- great selection of different styles. Thank you for including mine. I have to say even though I love jewellery I don't always wear it- when I'm working with young children I find it gets in the way. But earrings are always my favourites too- they never get in the way and you don't have to take them out to wash up!
    Louisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection of jewellery. That beaded cuff by Creative Treasures is amazing - I make beaded jewellery, but that is on a different level entirely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a fabulous collection of jewellery makers here. That amber ring is really beautiful. Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of jewellery and a lovely blog post. Creative Treasures has excelled with that exquisite beaded cuff.

    ReplyDelete