Friday 16 March 2012

Passion for Knitting and Crochet


UniquelyYours
My Mum loved knitting and crocheting.  My abiding memory of her is sitting in her favourite chair with a pair of needles or a crochet hook and lots of yarn!  Sadly, she passed away 18 months ago and I still miss her dreadfully.  With Mothering Sunday almost upon us, I feel sad that I can’t take her a card and flowers/gift and visit her and have a chat or take her out for a meal.  It feels quite painful.


However, Mum was a sunny person with a positive attitude and a good sense of humour, so she wouldn’t want me to feel sad.  My Mum loved her crafts, not just knitting and crochet.  She was a dressmaker too and not a bad cook!  She also liked embroidery and when I was young she attended evening classes and learnt how make items with leather.


I am confident that my passion for crafts was inherited from my Mum and for that I am grateful, for nothing makes me happier than when I am creating something beautiful.



In honour of Mum and in her memory this week, I have decided to showcase three people and shops from Folksy who all have a passion for yarn crafts:  Linda from Uniquely Yours, Natalie from NOfkants Curios and Polly from PollyKrafts. 

Natalie from NOfkantsCurios

“I enjoy knitting and working with yarn and wool, making items from simple scarves through to handmade handbags. My inspiration is often taken from nature, or by the look of how differing yarns, wool and other products work together. Each of these items will be unique and guaranteed handmade.”


Linda from Uniquely Yours

“I love to crochet and knit, it`s a real passion. I don`t make anything to a pattern, so everything is unique for each unique person.”

Linda is a great blogger so do have a look at her blog which I find always interesting and she loves to feature handmade crafts from Folksy.



UniquelyYours

 
Polly from PollyKrafts
 “My grandmother brought me up and very patiently taught me to knit and crochet and sew as soon as I was old enough to hold the needles. I cannot remember a time when I wasn’t making and designing. My passion is mostly with yarns and fabric. I love to sit in my Cornish garden knitting or doing my crochet in the sun, listening to the birds or the sound of the sheep in the field beyond.”


I hope you enjoy looking at these stunning knitted or crocheted items from three talented designers/makers from Folksy.  Click on any of the photos to view the item in their shop! Enjoy!

BFN
Edwina



5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, it`s wonderful to be included in this tribute to your much loved Mum. I know how you feel, I lost my Mum at 18 and my Dad 22 months ago. It`s hard but they stay in your heart.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Edwina for including me! There's nothing I can say to help you feel better about your mum but you can quietly hug her to you inside. It's very warm and comforting!
    Polly
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including in this very special and personal blog today. My mum is my inspiration where crafting is concerned, it is from watching her that I learned to knit and crochet, and why I never learned to read patterns either, she and I both just fly by the seat of our pants.

    I feel very humbled to be part of the blog to remember your Mum and am sending you a special hug.

    Natalie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your lovely comments. I am very touched and moved by your special words. Edwina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete